Wednesday 1 February 2012

The September course

It seems that I totally forgot to put more detail about this one on the blog-what an idiot!

This is an illustration of how I work with layers of digital images-often I will use a photo I have taken,scanned into the computer ,and then printed on Bubble Jet setted fabric.I actually use the printer to print the silk(silk chiffon works best ,firstly because it goes through the printer well and secondly, because it felts to the wool surface very easily.Sometimes I use recognisable images, as with the work I have currently in the CLIMATE IS CHANGING exhibition, touring the UK at the moment.Will find some pictures to add to the blog soon.
This picture shows the same technique, but the layers are slightly more recognisable.
I use Cyanotype images in much the same way, printing them on silk and then felting them to my surface.These can be created using natural objects, or negatives which we will make from photos of the region, or indeed, your own family photos.It all depends on what you want, and having an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment